Some chalk and memory!

This is a brief sketch done in Corel Painter X using a simple chalk brush, this was an experiment in how using Painter would benefit over Photoshop, whilst I do love Photoshop and it's vast extensive range of tools that are available where it looses out is the way the brushes in Painter replicate natural medium. So to someone like me who used to paint in acrylics and inks this feels far more natural especially when it comes to doing organic forms. I feel that this is down to the organic nature of the program unlike Photoshops which is far netter at doing less organic illustrations.
As far as texture overlaying and manipulation, brush creation and colour correction is concerned this does pail when compared to Photoshop so I do think that in order to make the complete concept pieces I have in mind a combination of the two will arise.