No reference, one portrait!

Posted at 16:40


This is a portrait I did in Painter using only a few of the different brushes available, the best brush set I have found for this type of painting in the acrylic as it suits my painting style. The image was then finished in Photoshop, I added skin texture and made a custom brush set to speed up the hair painting.

There are mistakes within the image and points for me to pay more attention to next time. These include the reflections on the eyes, skin tone (it is too blue making her look almost dead) and the shape of the chin. This was my first attempt at doing something like this with no reference material. Whilst I think not using material can be a good thing I am going to try the next one with reference to see what difference it can make to the image.